Monday, May 11, 2009

Not Meeee!



This week I did not get tired of toddler whining while I was trying to get ready to go somewhere. And I did not hand Savannah a hair brush and tell her to go brush Sasha's hair. I did not do that just because I knew Sasha could outrun Savannah, but that it would occupy her for ten minutes. I did not laugh when Savannah came back really out of breath about fifteen minutes later and tell me that Sasha went bye-bye. I wouldn't do that to my poor dog. Not me.

I do not give my child a flintstone vitamin to occupy her mouth when I want five minutes of quiet. This does not happen every single morning. I know vitamins are good for you and I totally encourage her to eat them for that reason. Not because I want quiet. Not me.

I was not totally out of Kleenex the other day when Savannah decided to stick her finger up her nose and produce a surprise. And if that did happen, I wouldn't tell her to put her surprise in my pocket because there was nothing else to do with it. And if she did, I definitely wouldn't stick my hand in my pocket later and find the surprise stuck to me. That would be positively disgusting. Not me!

I did not skip showering one day this week because I never made it to the shower and then by the time I did get a chance to shower, I didn't decide it just wasn't worth it. I know the importance of daily hygiene. I don't skip showers. Not me!

I didn't wait until 11:30pm Saturday night to go buy a mothers day card. I didn't find a great card with no envelopes left and totally steal an envelope from another card that was way too big for my card and decide that I was fine with that because it was almost midnight and I just didn't care. Not me!

I definitely didn't let Savannah use my toothbrush when we couldn't find hers this week. Gross! Not me!

I did not laugh out loud when the child of a friend informed me that they "have ants inside AND outside at their house." And if it did make me laugh really hard, it wasn't because my house also has ants inside AND outside (in spite of Raid, vinegar, ant trapping houses, and more)...and I was relieved that someone else did too. Not me!

I never ever let Savannah watch TWO elmo videos in one day because I need a few minutes to myself. I never put her in her highchair during elmo videos so that I can leave the room and know that she isn't into anything. I would not strap my child down in front of the television. I know the importance of interaction and the ill effects of television on toddlers. I never do that just to get some quiet time without someone attached to me. Not me!

I did not leave tampons in the diaper bag yesterday when I took Savannah to church nursery at a church we were visiting for Mother's Day. I didn't put them in there thinking I'd switch them to my purse in the car and then totally forget about it until that afternoon when I saw them in the diaper bag. And the guy that was working nursery and probably dug through the diaper bag was not a guy my age that I hung out with years ago. Thats not embarassing at all. Not me!

Wanna go see what other people are not doing this week? Check out in the sidebar on the right - Katie's blog (The Naffs -Naff News - check it out- I made it into her Not Me Monday too!) or Meagan's blog (The Delongs - Life in 4D) or MckMama's blog (My Charming Kids)! Or... indulge yourself in free therapy and leave me a comment letting me know that you did it so other people can see it too!!!

And if you want extra extra entertainment... there is an eight year old picture of me and katie on Naff News. Go find it. Haaaa. :)

1 comment:

Meg said...

ha,ha! I love the hairbrush to the dog idea... it would probably work in our house, too.... :) And we had ants this week as well, if it makes you feel any better. We finally resorted to making a wall of Borax and it finally stopped them. I'm off to see the pic of you and Katie :)