Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Happy Memorial Day!



We are so thankful for all of the men and women that have served our country so that we could be free! Free to... sleep in, relax, and have Memorial Day cookouts... amid other things, of course!




This year we went over to Mawmaw and Pawpaw's house, and ate until our bellies were full. See?


Do you like our nicely coordinated red, white, and blue?
Then after dinner Savannah decided to do her new routine... the many faces of Savannah. I got some good shots of it, but its waaaay funnier in person.
Happy face...


"The Look"



"Pretty face" (pointing to her dimples)


Excited face!



"Ewwww... gross face"



"Mad face"



Sad face.


"Hahaha... you're so funny face"


I don't know where the child gets her expressions. She has such a monotone, expressionless, not exciteable mother.
I also don't know where she gets the fierce determination and independence to attempt deck stairs by herself when nobody appears to be watching.
Or her love for flowers, for that matter.

I hope your Memorial Day was happy too!


Isn't it great to be free?!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

this was too cute!! I love her many expressions!!

Meg said...

I love the expressions -- does she do them on command? Karis does an almost identical "excited" look :)

Building Walls said...

i LOVED these pictures!!! Her faces are priceless.. just makes me happy. :)