Friday, May 1, 2009

20 Months Old


I can't believe Savannah is now 20 months old. This is frighteningly close to 2.
She weighs 23 pounds and is 35 inches tall. And full of energy.
We've had a few changes this month. First of all, Savannah has had to radically adjust her diet. But she is doing really well. So far, the only things she's asked for have been cheerios and juice. I'm really proud of how well she has accepted the changes, and really thankful she is still young enough to make it easier.
Another change, but a lot less dramatic one, is that Savannah has taken to "chattering." She really wants to talk in sentences like adults, but she doesn't know the right words, so she just babbles while staring at you quite seriously. Its the cutest thing. But exhausting to listen to sometimes. :) She also loves to repeat everything. Like today, when we were in Kroger for a ridiculously long time in the line, I mumbled to myself "whoa, this is crazy. lets move it." At which time Savannah loudly said "Whoa! Crazy! Move it!"
She is still sleeping well at night, although she has cut back a little and tends sleep about 12 hours instead of 14. But I can't complain about that at all.
She is starting to show interest in potty training, so we might be working on that in the next month or so. But I kinda dread the idea of spending the next month in the bathroom working on it.
Savannah is really starting to listen well for the most part, and I actually think that as she nears two, she is easier to take places. She is starting to behave well in the grocery store and restaurants, and has just really been a joy. I really like that she is at the age where I can give her simple directions and she can follow them (but she DOES have her days, believe me!).
I sure love this sweet little 20-month-old!

1 comment:

Marlene said...

What a little sweetie!