Thursday, March 31, 2011

Ode to the Paci

Well, Savannah is now 3, and a half, and a little too old for her paci. But, we have had a terrible time trying to get rid of it. So yesterday I had a fabulous idea.
We took a trip to the local build-a-bear, and Savannah picked out her own new stuffed animal. When they got ready to put the stuffing in it, she placed the paci inside too.

She has decided she is officially not a baby anymore. She then gave her new animal a bath, picked out an outfit, and made its birth certificate. The bear is named "Myah."

When she gets lonely for her paci, she can feel down in Myah's foot where the paci has a new special place.

So far, so good. There was only mild protesting. We shall see if it continues...

7 comments:

Building Walls said...

Lauren you are SUCH A GOOD MOM!!! What a sweet idea!!!I love you guys so much :)

Mimi said...

Makes me a little sad as I really don't want her to grow up. Myah is adorable though as is our Babycakes. :-)

Anonymous said...

That is a cool idea!!!! I'll have to share that with my friends with little ones. Thanks, Lauren!!

Lorelei
Callaway, VA

Renee said...

Sweetie that is downright brilliant!! I'm with Mimi, though...I feel kind've sad. Hope she transitions ok!

Emily said...

That is a fabulous idea! It's great that she took it so well, too.

Meg said...

That was a brilliant Mama moment :) Yay!

Naomi said...

Ok, I have to agree with everyone else. Brilliant! We are trying to figure out how to get rid of Madeline's as well. We may have to try that.