Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Roadtrippp!



Do you see my baby? Was she really that tiny a year ago?!

Well, we're about to be roadtrippin' again. This time, we're headed off to a very fun weekend in Charlottesville for Savannah to give up her title as Wee Baby Miss Virginia.

I can't believe its been a year! You can click here to see what I wrote when she won. Or here to see a picture of her with the adult Miss Virginia. Or here to see her when she came home from the awards ceremony last year. Please ignore the fact that I had black hair. I'm trying to ignore that myself. And you can also click here for the professional pictures. Thats a lot of clicking. I just like for my people to have options.

Anyway, tomorrow evening, we're off! On Friday, Savannah will model schoolwear and swimsuit. Then Friday evening, she will be picked up in a limo for dinner and putt-putt with the reigning sister queens. On Saturday morning, she'll give her "speech" and crown the new queen. Then Saturday afternoon, she'll model hobby wear (a camo hunting outfit, daddy's choice) and do her runway modeling as well. Saturday night, they have a pizza party for all of the girls. And on Sunday, she'll do a western dance with the other queens for the opening of the awards ceremony (yes, I bought her cowgirl boots for this, thank you ebay for $6 boots!) and then change into her gown for her farewell walk with her parents. What a weekend, huh? I'm so proud of this little girl!

And yes, you can expect pictures when we return. As if you had any doubts.

1 comment:

Meg said...

Can't wait for the pics, especially of the camo outfit :) Hope ya'll had fun!