Monday, April 27, 2009

Not Me Monday... Round Two



1. I definitely did NOT let a toddler in my bed with a CapriSun juice box. And if I did, when she spilled it everywhere, I did NOT just rub it in and not change the sheets. That would be gross.

2. I have NOT been paged to the church nursery twice this month because my toddler wouldn't stop kissing/hugging other children. She is NOT overly affectionate and I do NOT remain clueless about what to do about it.

3. I did NOT give my 19-month-old a box of Nerds candy… and then when she tripped and fell and spilled them everywhere, I definitely DIDN'T sit in the floor and help her eat them.

4. I really DON'T let Savannah brush her teeth for like 20 minutes and keep reloading the toothbrush with the kiddie toothpaste because it keeps her quiet (no fluoride, don't panic).

5. And for that matter… if she is taking a bath and gets loud … and I'm sitting in the bathroom floor reading a good book (wait… I don't do THAT either!)… and I want to keep reading… I NEVER give her the toothbrush in the bathtub to buy a few more minutes.

6. I definitely DIDN'T shave the lower fourth of both legs so that I could wear capri pants running one day. Who would do THAT?!

7. I did NOT totally forget to meet a friend for coffee after we'd talked about it like… 10 times. And if I did, it wouldn't be because I knew I was supposed to meet her on a certain day but I had my days confused in my head. Because I'm WAY too young to do that!

8. I did NOT laugh so hard at a friend this week that I spit on myself. That would be SO embarrassing.

9. I certainly did NOT see a green paci laying in the mall parking lot and contemplate… for a minute… picking it up and taking it home. That would be weird. And ridiculous.

10. I definitely DON'T refuse to stop my not-me Monday list at 10 so that people don't think I'm completely insane. I really do NOT have more not-me's that I'm leaving unlisted due to the overwhelming volume.

Are you brave enough to fess up to what you did NOT do this week? Check out my friends Katie and Meagan (later...after they have time to post!) if you wanna see what other people did NOT do…
And you're right - I did NOT just reference my friends on a public blog so that now they HAVE to do this again. :) I wouldn't do THAT...

4 comments:

Meg said...

ha, ha, you're a punk! Now I HAVE to make time to do it :) I love the fact that you helped her pick up treats off the floor and eat them because that was totally on my list this week :) And I have to confess that I've even just shaved right above my ankles so I could wear a long skirt :) You are awesome!
Meg

Naff News said...

Hilarious. I love the shaving one (or lack thereof) and the one about being called to nursery for excessive hugging and kissing.

Oh, and I'm with Meagan. You're a punk. :) I'm working on it!

Renee said...

That cracks me UP being called to the nursery because Savannah-girl is toooo loving :) :) If it isn't one thing, it's another, huh!

Don't feel bad about the book thing, girlie - I've read many a book sitting by the tub while toddlers created havoc! Whatever gets ya through the day :)

Love ya!

The Dickinson Diaries said...

totally enjoyed your "not me's"... so funny and makes my day!

p.s. and it's totally not me reading by the side of the tub often either. :)