Sunday, April 19, 2009

Flower Girl

Our weekend was full of flowers! Momma planted 110 flowers in the front yard on Saturday. Whew! :) Miss Priss here happens to love flowers too.



We hope you all had a good weekend too! We also enjoyed a visit from Grammie and Pop-Pop and Aunt Kathy in Pennsylvania, so there was a lot of spoiling going on around here!
Savannah's procedure at the hospital is coming up on Friday, so we'd like for you guys to start praying with us now. Here are some specific things to pray for:
1. That the procedure would go smoothly with no complications.
2. That she would recover from the anesthesia quickly.
3. That the results will be clear and the direction we need to take with treatment will be obvious.
Thanks so much for praying with us! We really appreciate the support of friends and family.
In the face of uncertainty, it is easy for me to focus on the things I don't know: how the procedure will go, what the results will look like, how I will be able to handle handing my baby over to a team of doctors to be put under anesthesia... and when I think about what I DON'T KNOW, it is easy to get overwhelmed. So instead, I've chosen to concentrate on what I DO KNOW.
2 Timothy 1:12, "This is why I am suffering as I am. Yet I am not ashamed, because I KNOW whom I have believed, and am convinced that He is able to guard that which I have entrusted to Him for that day.
I know that God loves Savannah. More than I do. And I know He is good. So whatever the outcome, God will bring good through it. And things will work for His glory. Its not about us - its all about Him. And I know I can trust Him. With anything. Whew. Isn't it so much easier to concentrate on what we KNOW? Now, just keep reminding me of that principle, because I'm fairly confident that I'll forget it at some point!!! :) Love you all!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Keep me updated tomorrow...texts will be great! Love you all and miss you!