Thursday, April 9, 2009

The Easter Bunny Might Be Related To Santa...

Today, Savannah met the Easter Bunny at our local mall. The meeting did not go exactly how I envisioned it. The Bunny himself was friendly enough, waving and playing peek-a-boo with the children in line to have their pictures made. Savannah was thoroughly amused by his antics and I thought... this is going to be great! Ha.

I walked Savannah up to Mr. Easter Bunny and sat her down, and took two steps back, and which point she began to scream bloody murder, kick, squirm, and yell "Momma... NO NO!" The Easter Bunny must be related to Santa...because they have the same effect on my child.

So, after trying very unsuccessfully to make her smile, I rescued her and the seemingly nice photographer smiled and said "I got a good picture of her not crying before she got scared." I was a little skeptical because for some reason I thought she cried fairly instantly, but whatever. So I told the lady I'd take one... I mean... grandparents would totally eat that up. So, I paid for the picture and she handed me an envelope with the picture in it. I thanked her and took a few steps to the side and opened the envelope.


So, here is the... and I quote... "good picture of her not crying." Uhm... okay... not how I would have described it, but thats just me.

Miss Autumn and Sydney went with us and Sydney's interaction with the Easter Bunny was not ideal either... but it was quite entertaining. You see, Sydney decided she wasn't friends with the bunny long before she got close to him, so by the time she got to the front of the line, she was already protesting quite well. So, the Easter Bunny decided to give her a sucker hoping that would make them friends. The handed Sydney the sucker, and she turned around and launched it at his face. Seriously. Funniest thing I've ever seen. I think if she could talk, it would have been something like... I dont want anything to do with you... or your stupid sucker. Take that. :) Needless to say, Sydney's mom didn't get a "good picture of her not crying" like I did. Lucky me!
We took the girls to ride on the train after that. Can I just make a suggestion to the mall staff? Don't hand out sticky suckers to kids in nice dressy Easter outfits. Thanks!



After that, we checked out the indoor playplace at the mall. This is the girls' favorite part every time. They love the tunnel in particular. Here's Miss Savannah...


And Miss Sydney. Isn't she a doll?


After that, we headed to get a free kids meal from Chick-fil-a (everyone that sits with the Easter Bunny gets a free kids meal) and then came home for a nap. It was a fun, yet very interesting day!

2 comments:

Meg said...

ha,ha, I love your "not crying" pic and the sucker story! It made me laugh out loud! I'm not going to even try with Karis. She wouldn't even take a picture with a soccer ball, which she loves, so I know she'll flip out over a larger than life bunny :)

Naomi said...

Ha ha ha! So funny!