Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Strong Enough

As our trip to Cincinnati Children's Hospital is quickly approaching, my emotions have been a roller-coaster ride. We will get answers in the next week, and they will range from bad to potentially devastating. How does one prepare for that? I'm not sure I'm ready.

As I was riding in the car the other day, I heard Matthew West sing "Strong Enough."

You must... you must think I'm strong.
To give me what I'm going through.
Forgive me, forgive me if I'm wrong.
This feels like more than I can do...on my own.

I know I'm not strong enough to be
Everything that I'm supposed to be
I give up.
I'm not strong enough.
Hands of mercy, won't you cover me?
Lord, I'm asking you to be
Strong Enough...for both of us...

Well maybe, maybe thats the point.
To reach the point of giving up.
Cause when I'm finally, finally at rock bottom,
Thats when I start looking up...
And reaching out.

I'm broken, down to nothing.
I'm still holding on to one thing: You are God.
You are strong when I am weak.
I can do all things through Christ who gives me strength.
I don't have to be strong enough.

A sleepless night found me giving up and giving the worry over to God, and praying for you, my friend. And my prayer is that you will allow God to be strong enough for you. Its difficult to reach the end of yourself and trust your life to Someone Else. Take this journey with me and allow Christ to be strong enough for you.

No comments: