Sunday, August 7, 2011

Fishing.

"I'm lost in her there holding that pink rod and reel.
She's doing almost everything but sitting still.
Talking about her ballet shoes and training wheels and her kittens.
And she thinks we're just fishin'..."






"I say Daddy loves you baby, one more time.
She says I know. I think I've got a bite.
All this laughing, crying, smiling, dying here inside...
Its what I call living. And she thinks we're just fishing.
She's already pretty, like her momma is.
Gonna drive the boys all crazy and give her daddy fits.
I better do this every chance I get, cause time is ticking..."





"And she thinks we're just fishin' on the riverside
Throwing back what we could fry.
Drowning worms and killing time, nothing too ambitious.
She ain't even thinking about whats really going on right now.
But I guarantee this memory is a big one...
And she thinks we're just fishin'."





"This ain't really about fishing."

1 comment:

the mcquiddys said...

good grief! break my heart into a million pieces why don't ya? :)