Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Just Call Her Linus

Linus: Happiness is a warm blanket, Charlie Brown.


Linus: My grandma is mad at me. Yesterday she drank 32 cups of coffee. I shouldn't have said anything. I suggested that perhaps her drinking 32 cups of coffee was not unlike my need for my security blanket. She didn't like the comparison.


Linus: My grandmother no sooner got in the house than she took my blanket away! She gave me a dollar to make up for it, but I'm gonna look awfully silly sucking my thumb and holding a dollar, and I don't feel very secure either!


Linus: My blanket, Charlie Brown, my blanket! I can't live without it! After I gave you my blanket, my life has been a nightmare. I keep passing out. I can't be without my blanket. I need my blanket, Charlie Brown!


Lucy: You know, I can't possibly tell you how sick I get of seeing you drag around that stupid blanket!
Linus: Its not stupid, this blanket has many practical uses. You just have no imagination.


Lucy: What are you gonna do with that blanket when you grow up anyway?
Linus: Perhaps I'll make it into a sport coat.

2 comments:

Meg said...

Both Karis and Karlie are ridiculously attached to their blankies as well :) We have to have a rule that the blankies stay in the house or they would take them everywhere! I thought that by age 4, Karis would be over it, but she still loves them...

Building Walls said...

I just love this :)