Monday, January 31, 2011

Not Me Monday

I did not spend my evening last night getting wax out of the carpet. It did not come from a Yankee candle that was lit when my husband was babysitting the kids while I was out with friends yesterday afternoon. I did not come home to find wax in the carpet, and I was not told that "I didn't even notice when she pulled it over and she didn't cry at all so it couldn't have hurt." (whaaat?! seriously, would YOU admit that?) I wasn't also told, "I didn't clean it up because it was hot and sticky and getting everywhere." (Ignorance is bliss? Good solution, babe! ;) ) So, I didn't come home from church to dried red wax in the white carpet. I didn't then google "how to get wax out of carpet" and find out that the process is quite tedious. I didn't spend the next 45 minutes with an iron and paper bags, heating the wax and then letting it absorb into the paper. Next time you come visit, you won't notice that we have a slightly off-white piece of crunchy-ish carpet, in spite of the tedious heating and vigorous scrubbing. Because, you know, that definitely didn't happen in my house. Not me!

Disclaimer: My honey is a very good daddy, and no children were harmed during the making of this post. Just white carpet. I'm told off-white is the new white. ;)

2 comments:

Drew & Kari said...

it amazes me how oblivious boys are to things. ;) Glad you got it to off white, although I"m thinking the red might have been a good accent to your dining room wall. hee hee

Renee said...

I love me some off-white.

and Yaay for some not-me Monday :)