Friday, January 21, 2011

Miss Independence.

Its been a long time since I updated on this girl. Since she isn't a baby anymore, the changes aren't so dramatic each month, and sometimes I forget that you all don't see her everyday growth like I do. She is now almost three-and-a-half. Seriously?!

If I had one word to describe Savannah right now, it would be independent. She loves to do everything herself, and has an enormous amount of initiative. She will go in the kitchen and fix herself something to eat and get a juice box out of the fridge. She will dress herself (although her outfit choices are interesting) and she is completely independent in the bathroom as well. Sometimes, she is too independent. The other day, I was giving Brooklyn a bottle and putting her down for a nap, and I returned to find Savannah eating a bowl of ice cream. She said "Oh, hey mom. I wanted some ice cream so I got it out of the freezer. It was hard so I let it sit out a minute before I scooped it." Yesterday, she went to use the bathroom. She came back a few minutes later and informed me, "I trimmed my fingernails while I was in there because they were a little long." Sometimes I have to double-check her birthdate to make sure she really is only three.



Savannah has a huge heart. She gets her feelings hurt easily. She is very concerned for others and always wants them to have a good time. She is fiercely protective of her sister.

I have been praying for her little heart to be softened to the Lord. She has decided she doesn't like to pray lately, and while I am hoping it is just a phase, I have been asking God to soften her heart. She is so smart and understands so much... I want her to be able to understand the most important things of all.


Savannah absolutely, positively, without a doubt, hates naptime. She talks all day about how much she dreads it. She cries every day when its time to rest. She forces herself to stay awake during the entire rest time. She will honestly tell us, "I just don't want to close my eyes and go to sleep because I will miss something."


Savannah is the most encouraging person I know. I can learn so much from her. She constantly tells Brooklyn, "Come on! You can do it!" She compliments everyone, all of the time. Strangers, friends, family... she brings a smile whenever we are out places with her praises. "Oh I just love your purse! Your baby is so cute! Your shoes are adorable. Oh did you get your hair cut? Its amazing!" She doesn't realize how funny those words sound coming from a three year old. But the smiles she evokes everywhere remind me how wonderful a nice word can be to someone else.



Savannah is tall and skinny. She still weighs only 31 pounds, but keeps growing taller. She has to wear leggings pretty much all of the time because she is too skinny for other pants.

She is such a blessing. In spite of her stubborn streak and emotional outbursts, she never fails to make me smile within seconds of waking in the morning, and her hugs, kisses, and i-love-you-mom's are priceless. And last week, when she told me we were best friends... well, that makes everything worth it. Love you, Babycakes!

4 comments:

Drew & Kari said...

Thanks for sharing! I definitely love hearing about her since I see her so rarely! I can't believe how big she is... such a beautiful little girl! I will begin praying for a softened heart for her! Love you all!

Naomi said...

I wish we could hang out with you guys. Savannah seems like so much fun. She definitely says the funniest things.

gbt mops said...

I love me some Savannah!!

Renee said...

Love. that. girl!