Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Update, minus pictures.

Well, the blessed day finally came. Preschool resumed. There were many people excited about this day... and that doesn't even include the children! When I told Savannah this morning that it was a school day, she jumped on the bed while yelling "oh goody oh goody oh goody!" at the top of her lungs. Me too. Ahem.

Brooklyn had an assessment this morning with early intervention to check her progress, and she measured a solid 6 month level on language and motor skills, with 9 month levels in the other areas. This is a little bittersweet. She will now be evaluated by a speech therapist, and her physical therapy will be covered (your tax dollars at work - Obama actually does one good thing with them...), but it was still hard on a Momma's heart to hear that about a child. But... as I am continually reminded... God has a plan for her, and me, and His ways are not my own. And boy, I am sure glad they aren't... because they always turn out soooo much better this way. And we are super blessed that her treatment is covered via a medicaid disabled child waiver. God has definitely guided that whole process.... crossing our paths with the right professionals at the right times... and it is a huge blessing considering that her medical issues were quite the tax deduction in 2010. But I've never seen a cuter deduction in my life! ;)

My morning started eventfully at 3 am... and not with one of my children, but with my husband, who has been bitten by the stomach bug. When a big guy like him gets sick, it just aint pretty. I had to keep reciting the whole "do unto others" motto in my head. Just sayin. A few hours later, armed with gatorade and lysol, I attacked the house in hopes that the rest of us will emerge unscathed.

As for me, I am blissfully enjoying the pre-second-semester bit of freedom that I have. I've read a few books for fun (gasp!), enjoyed many episodes of Gilmore Girls on dvd, and even taken a few naps. I also started Jillian Michaels' 30-day-shred... I suppose I needed a little torture in my life. That, and the fact that I gained 87 pounds over the past three weeks... but I digress. I don't hardly know what to do with myself with no papers to write or 500 page books to read in one week. I did, however, order my books for next semester yesterday... and I have a feeling its going to be another busy few months. Oh well, the satisfaction I feel when staring at my 4.0 GPA is beyond description. Lets hope I can keep it there...

That is all I know. And I'm hearing a little chatterbox in her bed while she is supposed to be napping...so I must go. Stay tuned for pictures from football weekend...

1 comment:

Katrina said...

YAY for the blessings we see God continually pour out for those who put their trust in Him. Congratulations on the 4.0 GPA. You make your momma so proud! Love you! Mom aka Mimi