Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Eleven Months Old.

Somebody pinch me! Are we really one short month away from a year old?!



This joyful child is so much fun! This month has gotten a lot busier as she is crawling fast and pulling up to stand. My goodness, the things she can get into! I'm not sure how those days fade so quickly from memory, but it is all coming back to me now. Moving things out of reach, watching for corners on tables, covering electrical outlets, moving computer cords, watching little fingers around doors and drawers... my oh my.




Brooklyn is working on her third tooth, and it is hovering just below the surface. I can't believe she has made it this long with so few teeth! It doesn't slow her eating down, at all. The teething pain has caused her to wake up during the night a few times lately, so I'm hoping it pops through soon. She is sleeping much better at nap time this month though. I guess the new-ness of learning to stand wore off and she decided that skipping naps was overrated.



She is still very attached to her bottle, and not really interested in a sippy cup. We are working on that. Her shoulder muscles are very tight, something she works on in PT, and that makes it hard for her to sit up and hold a cup at the same time.



Brooklyn has started to chat with us a little more this month. She now can say, "Uh-oh." She hardly ever will, but we have heard it a few times. She also waves when we do, and shakes her head when we say "no-no." So, we have been encouraged to see those forms of communication.

Brooklyn is continuing PT, starting speech at the end of the month, seeing an opthalmologist this week, getting an RSV injection next week, and will check back in with her neurologist and pediatrician next month. She had another seizure this past weekend, so she might see her neurologist before then. Tired yet? Me too! ;)



One of Brooklyn's favorite games is so take off down the hall crawling as fast as she can. Then I say, "I'm gonna get you!" and she gets the giggles with anticipation. Usually she is laughing too hard to actually keep crawling by the time I get to her. She will do it over and over again.



Brooklyn is such a sweet joy. We are so thankful for her. And now I suppose its time to start planning to party-it-up next month!

2 comments:

Meg said...

Yeah, I seriously can't believe that she is almost 1!!!! Crazy! But she is absolutely adorable and I think you are amazing for keeping up with her crazy schedule!

The Dickinson Diaries said...

such beautiful girls!! i'm sorry she had another seizure over the weekend... please keep us updated, love you!