Thursday, October 28, 2010

Phone Conversations with Small Children in the House

Alternately titled, children have some kind of mom-is-on-the-phone, so-i-must-need-everything-now radar.

Ring, ring.

Hello, this is Lauren. No, this isn't a bad time.

"Mom! MOM! Momma! Mom! Momma! MOMMA! Moooooom! Moooooommmmmaaaaaaa!"

Shhh, Savannah, hush a minute. Momma's on the phone.

Yes, I have the account number. Can you hold on a sec and let me grab it?

"Mom! Mommy! Mom!"

What?

I need juice!

Just a minute.

Wailing.

Okay, I have the account number right here. It is... 123... 45...6789. Yes, the name on the account is Brooklyn Beckner.

"Momma! Thats my sister. My sister's name is Brookie. I WANT JUICE!!! PLEASE! I SOOOOOO THIRSTTYYYYYY!"

Yes, I understand about the deductible but I need to know which therapy sessions apply to the deductible and which ones do not. (I walk to the bathroom and shut the door... for some quiet.)

"Momma! Who is that? Mom! Who are you talking to? Mommy! Brookie is crying. Oh, Mom... I need to poop."

Okay, so the regular visits are 100% covered, but any therapy sessions will not be until the deductible is met, is that correct? (Open the bathroom door. Of course it is the hot spot, since I'm in there.)

"Mom! I can't get my pants off! Momma! Help! I'm stuck. Oh, help."

Okay. No, I don't think I have any other questions.

"Momma! Who is that? Can I talk?"

Thanks so much for your time. I appreciate it.

"Mom! Mom! I gave Brookie my chocolate milk and she dumped it on the floor and my kitty cat is eating it."

You too, bye.

Ahem. Thats what it sounds like to be me. Trying to have a 2 minute phone conversation.
Just in case you ever wondered.

3 comments:

Meg said...

ha,ha! I totally understand! Unless it is a super important call, I usually just let my voicemail get the phone while the girls are awake because it is so pointless to try to talk :)

Naomi said...

I totally understand :)

The Crockett Family said...

lol this sounds very familiar! :)