Thursday, August 26, 2010

Date Nine : Cheap Date

Are you a cheap date? We are!

We have a lot of life changes going on right now (Darren got a new job, causing a paycheck delay, we had to switch health insurances, and ended up paying double for a month, Lauren started grad school, Savannah has a birthday and is starting preschool... just to name a few!) and consequently, we don't have a lot of spare change!
We had no babysitter, and no cash. So, I told Darren that I didn't think date night was going to work out this week. He said... I bet we have some change! and I laughed and said, so? He proclaimed that we could do a cheap date night at home... for $5.00.
So, while I put the babies to bed, he went to the store, and came back with date night supplies for under $5.00. He has such a good sense of humor. He walked in the door and said, "Keep the change? I think not!"
We ate frozen pizza, drank cheap soda, and watched a movie. It reminded us of when we lived in our tiny apartment and I was in school. Good times! We both enjoyed being cheap dates.

No comments: