Monday, August 16, 2010

Date Eight

(That rhymes.)

For date eight, we were going to go to the river and float down on inner tubes, but Saturday dawned dark and rainy. So, we had to go with plan B, a tasty alternative.

We ate dinner at Fork in the Alley, a cute little patio restaurant.



It was super yummy, although poor Darren doesn't enjoy patio dining in August. He was a bit sweaty. Sorry, charlie.



And every good date includes dessert. One of the perks of Fork in the Alley is that it is conveniently located next door to my. favorite. place. Bubblecake!



I mean seriously. Look at these cupcakes!


After dinner and dessert, we did some more birthday shopping for our favorite toddler, and then headed home and played Scrabble. I won't even brag about who won. Okay, okay, you twisted my arm. I won, but it was a very close game!

Date eight was great!
I couldn't resist.

1 comment:

Drew & Kari said...

drew and i are going tubing on saturday down the new river in blacksburg.. and Fork in the Alley is DEFINITELY on my list, mainly because Bubblecake is next door :) So glad your evening went great!