Monday, June 1, 2009

Are You Ready for This?!

Ready to know my secret?!

I know I'm not normally a blogger that likes to promote things... but I've got something worth promoting. I've been SO blessed to be part of something... and I'm just so excited about it that I can't keep it to myself!

Wanna know what it is? Okay, you twisted my arm.

Its called "The 5.2 Project." Well, what in the world is that?!

Most of you are familiar with the story in the Bible of the little boy with five loaves and two fish. If you don't know the story, here is the brief summary... Lauren-version: Jesus was teaching a ton of people on a hillside one day and they all started to get hungry. A little boy came to one of the disciples and said that he had five loaves of bread and two fish. The disciples were nice to him... but they had to be a little skeptical. I mean, it was a sweet thought for him to offer what he had... but there were thousands of people to feed! But the disciple took the basket to Jesus, and Jesus worked a miracle with it. He took it and began to break it into pieces... and long story short... it fed everyone. I don't know exactly how that worked... but that part isn't really important.

Now, I know that still doesn't tell you what the project is. I'm getting there. Basically, there is a pattern in the Bible of three concepts over and over. They are know, live, and share. In tons of stories throughout the scripture, people are asked to first... know what they know. Sounds silly, right? But a lot of times we don't do that... we question what we know. For example... I know that God is good. By nature, He can't be anything else. So when something that seems like it is bad happens to me, a lot of times my first instinct is to question it and fight against it. But if I know what I know... God is good... so good will come of this situation... even if it seems bad. Or... I know that God is in control... so when everything seems crazy... I need to take a deep breath and realize... its not about me. God is in control.

Are you still with me?! There is a second part. Living what you know. No matter what you believe, if you don't align your life with it, you're a hypocrite. If you believe there is a God but do nothing about it... that doesn't make sense. The same is true of the reverse... if you believe there is no God, but you go to church... that doesn't make sense either. Your life has to align with what you know. So if I know that God is good... then what? I choose to believe that. I choose to glorify Him even in the bad times... because I know He is good... so good must be coming of this... even if I don't see it... because I know that much is true!

Clear as mud?! Good! The third part is sharing what you know... which is where the 5.2 project comes into play. The 5.2 project is not just another ministry to sign up for... its a lifestyle. Its knowing, living, and sharing. But... we have created a platform for you to do that... on the web! I love modern technology even though I really don't understand it. But we have a website... with a prayer wall, and a praise blog, a daily devotional, a journal, and even a section for kids... all centered on know, live, share. And we'd love for you all to be part of it. After all... if you know Jesus, you have no choice but to live and share! Please feel free to check it out... you might even see some things on there written by yours truly (but really... its still worth checking out...I promise there are other authors!!!!).

So how does this all go with the story about the little boy? Well.... he knew, lived, and shared. He was just a little boy... with almost nothing to offer compared to the need. It wasn't about the boy... or what he had to offer... it was about what Jesus could do with it! The same is true for you and me today. Its not about us... it never has been. And its not about what we have to offer either. Its about us all coming together... and offering what we have... knowing what we know... living what we know... and being willing to share what we know... and letting God do awesome things with it.

www.the52project.com

I can't explain it very well... but I'd love for you to check it out for yourself.

Can you tell that I'm excited about this?! Anyway, please feel free to head on over to the website and check it out. Read the articles and comment as much or as little as you want. Praise God with us on the praise blog... share prayer requests on the "impossible" prayer wall... know, live, and share with us!!! It is so worth it!

And... if you have are members of a church where you would like us to come share the 5.2 project... feel free to send me an email and let me know!

Lauren@the52project.org

Thanks for listening to my pitch. Let me know what you think!!! :)

No comments: