Friday, June 12, 2009

A Change Is Coming




So today, after I woke up yet again to a little girl who had pooped in her diaper and stuck her hands in it, and smeared poop everywhere… I made a decision.

It is time for a change.

Its time for potty training boot camp.

We will not give up. We will persevere. We will be successful.

A change is coming.

No more diapers. No more wipes. No more poopy hands. No more blowouts or leakages. No more stinky rotten diaper genie.

A change is coming.

Prepare yourself. In 30 days, this kid will be wearing underwear.

And so the mission begins. If there is a lapse in blogging (as if!) … I am in the bathroom, patiently waiting for a sweet toddler to tinkle… so that I can cheer as if I won the lottery and hand out cookies like they are going out of style. Sugar-free cookies, that is.

And nay-sayers, be quiet. She just so happened to tinkle successfully in the toilet today. Twice. And twice is better than none at all.

Optimism. Courage. Perseverance.

Potty training bootcamp.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Can I enroll Sydney in your bootcamp? :)

Marlene said...

Love the picture!! Looks like babycakes is taking boot camp seriously as well!

Unknown said...

Be patient and consistent!! Good luck!

Meg said...

Good for you! I'm still trying to get my nerve up to officially go for it :) But I showed Karis your blog so that she could see the big girl sitting on the potty :)