Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Overheard at My House

My friend Naomi does "Overheard at My House" and I thought I would join in the fun.

Mommy: "Savannah, you need to take your hands out of your pants. Don't do that."
Savannah: "Why?"
Mommy: "Because its yucky."
Savannah: "Only boys do that?"


Savannah: "I so hungry! I want jelly beans."
Mommy: "You can't eat jelly beans for a snack. Can you think of something else you might like?"
Savannah: "Why?"
Mommy: "Because they just aren't good for you."
Savannah: "Oh yes. They're real good. You should try one please."


Savannah: "Is Grandad Mimi's husband?"
Mommy: "Yes."
Savannah: "I not like husbands. I just like Grandad, not Mimi's husband."
Mommy: "Why? Whats wrong with husbands?"
Savannah: "They scare me."


Mommy: "Its naptime, Savannah!"
Savannah: "I can't take nap."
Mommy: "Why not?"
Savannah: "Because there are scary people under the bed trying to take my Barbies away."


Savannah, talking to Barbie: "Barbie! You have got to start obeying me! Go sit in timeout." (Pause.) "Barbie! Are you listening?! You are driving me crazy."


Savannah, to the drive-thru attendant as Mommy pulls away from the Starbucks window: "Hey! Excuse me! Where my fry-fries?!"

3 comments:

Naomi said...

oh my word! So funny!

Naff News said...

LOL I love her. :) And Audrey already thinks that every drive-thru serves fries. So funny.

Beth Simmons said...

Thanks for sharing this. It just cracked me up:)