Sunday, March 14, 2010

Praisin'

How great is our God
Sing with me
How great is our God
All will see
How great, how great is our God!

I just wanted to take a minute on this beautiful dreary Sunday to share my heart full of praise! I'm so thankful that Brooklyn is home and thriving and waking me up five times last night! I can't hardly believe that just two weeks ago, she wasn't breathing free of assistance.

Brooklyn had a followup visit to the doctor on Friday and was "upgraded" to newborn status. The day she was born, she was critical status. The following day she moved up to intensive care status. A few days later, she was upgraded to preemie status. Now... drum roll please... we've come full circle to newborn status. Hip-hip-hooray! She's finally gained weight and now weighs in at 5 pounds, 12 ounces, and her jaundice level has almost returned to normal. Additionally, some newborn screening tests that came back abnormal were repeated and came back normal the second time around. So, things are looking up for our sweet girl. She doesn't have to go to the doctor again until April, and other than an expensive shot injection of antibodies she gets every month, she can now be treated like a normal newborn! I do have to admit however, that I'm still slightly paranoid and will make you wash and sanitize your hands before touching her. Just because the NICU scarred me for life.

I'm so thankful that my Father knows just what He is doing. You know, when He allows things like gestational diabetes to give a baby a fighting chance. I know that it is only under His hand of protection that she has made so much progress and done so well. And He is so worthy of praise!

1 comment:

Helen Rutrough said...

Amen! Wells said. God is good. All the time.

LOVE the pics! Beth done a wonderful job!!!