Sunday, March 7, 2010

True or False

True or False...


In the past 10 days...
... I had a baby six weeks early.
... My baby was hospitalized in the NICU.
... My baby had to have a shot that cost $2000.
... I was told I'm anemic and asked if I was tired. [Just a little bit.]
... My heat pump broke, big time, and will cost $2500 to fix.
... My grandmother had emergency surgery.
... I realized the inspection on my van was bad.
... I've made 19 trips to the hospital.


If you answered "true" to all of the above, you are so right.


But... can I just tell you how awesome my God is?!
He has provided everything we have needed so far.
And Brooklyn is home with us.
And she is doing well.
And remember that bummer of a thing called gestational diabetes?
It might've saved her life.
You see, the doctors were hoping she was at least 4.5 pounds.
Weighing in at 5 pounds, 9 ounces, she surprised them (the first of many times).
Do you know why she weighed above average?
Diabetes causes big babies.
Hmm.
Got chill bumps?
Me too.
Do you serve an awesome God? Me too.

3 comments:

Meg said...

wow! I got the chill bumps, too :)

the mcquiddys said...

YES! He is amazing. :) I'm so glad you all seem to be doing great. I love all the pictures of little B. And I can't wait to see her in her first red sox outfit. Just saying ... :)

Randy and Lindsay said...

A.M.A.Z.I.N.G.