Monday, March 22, 2010

Not Me Monday - Mother of a Newborn Edition

1. I did not eat 8 cupcakes in 5 days because someone went to Bubblecake while I was in the hospital. Not me!



2. I did not dig through the trash to retreive a Pampers wipes container because my husband threw it away without entering the code on the Pampers rewards website. That would be gross. Not me!



3. I have never fallen asleep sitting up nursing the baby and slept for about two hours with her in my arms. Not me!



4. I did not catch myself saying to Brooklyn as I was changing her diaper... "now lift your bottom up." I know very well that a newborn can't follow directions and I didn't mistakenly confuse her with my toddler for a minute. Not me!



5. I don't call my children by each others names. I don't start sentences with, "Brook- I mean Savannah..." or "Sav- uhh Brooklyn..." I know who they are. Not me!



6. I did not leave my toddler unattended while I fed the newborn and find that she had decorated the walls of my bathroom by sticking pantiliners to them. Not me!



7. I didn't try to use a Walmart giftcard in Babies-R-Us. I can read. Not me!



8. I didn't tell someone at the doctor's office that yes, Brooklyn was my first child, and then correct myself later. I know that I have two children. Not me!



Anything you haven't done today?!

4 comments:

Drew & Kari said...

I'm loving the pantiliners! :) HA HA Love ya!

Building Walls said...

Cracked. Me. Up. :)

Meg said...

I've been looking forward to one of these from you :) I've definitely fallen asleep while nursing and can't even begin to tell you all the things Karis made a mess out of while nursing Karlie!

Scott, Ashley and Maggie said...

this was pretty funny but i love #6! i've fallen asleep plenty of times while nursing. i call maggie mary-hannah all the time and she's my sister not my child.