Sunday, August 30, 2009

News Flash!

News flash!

Did we tell you that Aunt Becca moved to Virginia to live with Mimi and Grandad?! We're so excited to have her here! And Savannah is a very big fan of "Aunt Bubba."



And... in other news...

I need to introduce you all to...

Savannah Beckner, Young Miss New River Valley Supreme Queen
Winner, Most Beautiful Hair
Winner, Most Beautiful Smile
Winner, Best Dressed
Winner, Schoolwear
Winner, Evening gown



[Wow, I think she grew two feet taller in the past month. Look how short her gown has gotten! Ooops!]




[Can I just say that she is adorable in this outfit?!]




This afternoon, she competed in the Tiny Miss New River Valley Pageant. It was her first time in the "baby" age division (2-4 year olds)...she's graduated from Wee Baby! She competed in photo, schoolwear, and evening gown. It was a lot of work for a little girl and we were just trying it to see how she would do... and she surprised us all once again by winning the high point title (she had the single highest combined scores of any contestant in any age division, 0-18 years old). We are so proud of our little highpoint queen!
Savannah also started Puggles, which is the Awana club for two-year-olds. I meant to take a picture of her in her little uniform, and I forgot. I'll have to work on that. Puggles has been such a blessing! For the first quarter, they work on one concept: "God made everything." Each week, they review what they've learned and talk about things that God has made. This week, she came home with a cute little craft... blue paper with cotton balls glued on it. It took me a minute (or... maybe an hour) to figure it out, but it was blue sky and clouds! (Because, of course, if God made everything, that includes the sky and clouds!) She also has started to sing her own version of Jesus loves me. Its very cute and goes about like this:
"Jesus love me. I know. Bible say so. Yaaaay!"
At the end of the year, the kids will have an awards ceremony where they will sing songs and recite the Bible verses they've learned. I can't believe she is this big!
I sure do love this little girl. I can't believe she will be two tomorrow! You should probably prepare yourself. I'm sure there will sappy, sentimental posts with tons of pictures.
Like you'd have it any other way.

1 comment:

Meg said...

Yay Savannah! I do think the schoolwear outfit is absolutely adorable. And I'm looking forward to the sappy 2-year old post :)