Sunday, November 27, 2011

Thanksgiving Weekend

Our Thanksgiving was wonderful and full of many blessings.

It began bright, early, and a wee bit chilly at the Drumstick Dash 5k!


Emily and I were two of 14,000 people!


We finished in 35 minutes. Emily could've run much faster, but she was sticking with me and telling me to hurry my tail up. You notice that her face isn't even red at the finish.


After the race and a shower, there was a lots of family time. My Pawpaw is a ladies' man!


And there was cuteness.


And tons and tons of food. Delicious food!


And then there was a Muppet movie, which I forgot to take a picture of, and then I went to bed super early to prepare for the most wonderful day of the year... Black Friday! 2:15 am alarm went off and I was one of the first 250 customers in the mall. Only 300-some odd days until I can do it again!


Then Saturday came with our favorite football games of the year. The Hokies played UVA, and Alabama played Auburn. Go Hokies! Roll Tide!



We decided to split the family when it came to being fans of particular teams...



All in all, I'd say Thanksgiving weekend was a huge success! We sure are blessed.

No comments: