Friday, November 11, 2011

One Monthiversary!

I always said if we made it a whole month with no seizures or hospitalizations... ever again... we would have cake. That hasn't happened in over a year.

Today, my friends, we had cake!


It might seem silly to celebrate the small things. But not when the small things might be all you get.


We aren't going to miss the small victories while looking for a larger one.


We are going to celebrate. And have cake.


And we aren't going to dwell on the fact that Brooklyn can't have her cake and eat it too...


We are just going to enjoy that we are one month seizure-free.


Happy One Monthiversary, Brookie! We are so excited for you!

4 comments:

JenHeath said...

How did you make that cake?

Lauren said...

Here you go, Jen!

http://www.marthastewart.com/256688/rainbow-cake

Mimi said...

Yay Brookie! Yay family, especially momma.

JenHeath said...

Okay, so I made this cake tonight. Well ... I bought white cake mix and made it. Only ... I decided I should double the recipe. Bad idea. Believe me, less is more in this situation. Haha! My cake is enormous . . . as in a foot tall. And, a quarter of the top layer has already fallen off due to weight. Not nearly as pretty as yours! We'll see what's left of ours when we wake up in the morning.