Monday, November 7, 2011

SMO's

Brooklyn wanted to show off her new SMO's. (That stands for supramalleolar orthoses, in case you were curious. I was.) Its not the most fashionable look in the world, but she is adjusting quite well.


The braces cover her entire foot and have hard plastic that go up under the foot and provide arch support and keep her toes from dropping. She is falling a LOT less!


You would think that they would slow her down since her shoes are two sizes bigger than normal, and the SMO's aren't light. But that is definitely not the case (she wouldn't even slow down to pose for a photo!).


For other moms that are on the lookout, I found these Nikes at Shoe Carnival. They are extra-wides and are two sizes larger than her original size... and they are working great. I did wait until I had reinforcement (Gram-B), coffee, and a less emotional state of mind than my previous shoe-shopping post before I attempted that again though. ;)

Catch her if you can!

No comments: