Monday, June 14, 2010

Not Me! Monday

I did not get in the shower with my glasses on this week. And when the water started hitting my glasses and I thought... what in the world... my next thought wasn't... haha! this would make a good not me monday post. Not me!

I have not gained weight using the rationale... but I'm nursing so I need more calories. Cake after dinner? Oh, its for the baby. Not me! (Diabetic diet, here we come again...as much as I despised you, you were effective.)

I did not go to the grocery store the other day by myself, and find myself rocking the grocery cart back and forth while I was looking at something because I subconsciously thought I must have a child in there that needed to be soothed. Not me!

I did not go to the bathroom alone the other day for one minute, and come out to find Savannah picking up her baby sister out of the bouncy seat. If this did happen, I definitely would have had a calm-and-collected presence of mind, and I wouldn't have yelled, "Savannah! No no no! Put her down right now!" The toddler, in fear for her life, wouldn't have immediately dropped her baby sister back into her seat. No, not me!

I did not totally forget that I had Sunday School breakfast this week and not take anything for anyone to eat. That would make me the most despised classmate. Thank goodness the girl for next week actually thought she was this week and brought breakfast. But for real, I'm a planner who forgets nothing. Not me!

I never get so tired of answering questions that I start ignoring them. "Momma, what is that man's name?" "Momma, are you a girl?" "Momma, can I eat marshmallows now?" "Momma, what color is that?" "Momma, can I color on the paper? On the table? On the wall? On the couch? Can I color on the..." Sigh. Not me.

My sweet girl did not inform me upon exiting church... hey! I didn't even hit nobody today! Mom, say "good job, savannah!" Not me.

What have you not done this week? I really want to know!

1 comment:

The Crockett Family said...

hilarious. The rocking the cart back and forth with no child in it- I have done that too. Just a Mommy instinct I guess. :)