Sunday, June 27, 2010

Date One

Well, time for Date One came before I knew it, and I planned a cute little picnic. And failed to factor in that it was 100 degrees. Literally. So, when I excitedly informed the hubby of the plan, he was slightly less than enthused. And if you know my hubby, you know that an outward display of disapproval is probably pretty bad. So, I scrambled for a new idea.

And what could be more fun than...
...a scavenger hunt?!

Darren got his first clue after we dropped the girls off at his parents' house.



He was a very successful clue guesser, by the way.



After a very yummy family-style dinner, he received this clue...



For some reason, in my head, I pictured it being cooler by this point, and it was still a crispy hot 97 degrees. But, we had fun.





And though I tried my very hardest, I will never be good at putt-putt. I was the loser.



So, we proceeded to the batting cages. Darren did quite well, hitting nearly every one. And I know that nobody will ever believe it without any photographic proof, but I batted also. And I impressed myself and hit 4 out of 16 pitches. Sad, I know, but just ask Katie... thats an improvement for me.



After we had our fun, Darren got his next clue...



...dessert! My favorite part of the date! Darren snapped this less-than-flattering picture of us enjoying a chocolate milkshake and outrageous oatmeal cookie dough ice cream. Yum!



And finally, all good things must come to an end sometime. The last clue...

3 comments:

Jana said...

Lauren,
You are so creative and amazing! Darren is so very lucky to have you and I'm sure he knows it!!
Jana

The Crockett Family said...

Love this!

Naff News said...

Hooray for hitting the ball! Ha!!