Friday, October 2, 2009

Apples to Apples.

I know, October makes you think of pumpkins. Me too.

But. I love apple butter. So when my mother-in-law gifted us with like... a lot of apples, I decided to try to make this delicious concoction. Mmm.

So when I asked my husband to peel the apples while I made a pumpkin cake (go figure), I should have known he would come up with the easiest, fastest, most efficient way to do just that. And I should have guessed that it would involved at least one power tool. Just because he is a Beckner.





I have to give him this... it was incredibly fast. And he sure is inventive. Who knew that drill would be used to peel apples?!



And he even enlisted kitchen help from this one.
(Sorry, Marlene, I know you've been working on that for years! Haha!)



And this little one said she wanted to help... but she ended up just taking a bite... or two... out of nearly every apple. Look at how she eats them though.



At any rate, thats a lot of apples.



Which over the next 22 hours, cooked into some delicious apple butter. The pictures really don't do it justice. Probably because you can't smell the delicious cinnamon-ish scent that I've been smelling for the past two days.





Yum! I'll definitely be doing this again sometime!

2 comments:

Marlene said...

That looks wonderful! I can almost smell it!!

Meg said...

Ha, ha, tell Darrren I said that is awesome! I have spent waaaayyy tooo many hours peeling apples in the past few years! I wonder if it would work with potatoes?