Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Okay, okay!

Okay, okay. :) I'll blog again. Stop badgering me! ;)

Have you had the chance to see the cutest cook ever? Here she is.





Want some coffee? Thats what she asks me every time she plays in her kitchen. Like 72 times a day.





Becca had a birthday! Happy Birthday, Becca!






I don't know why Savannah is making this face every. single. time. we ask her to smile for a picture. It must be a two-year-old thing. Oh, the joys of two-year-old things!



And I know I look a little rough. You'll have to excuse me...its been quite a few weeks!



How am I feeling? Much better actually. I think they finally found a drug that fixes my nausea without making me feel like I'm high on something. And let me tell you, its wonderful. I'm still surprised every time I open the fridge or change a diaper and don't have to run to the bathroom. Ah, its the little things, folks!
And now I will answer all of your questions. Or I will try. For those of you that keep asking me, yes, baby Beckner is officially showing. I did break down and buy my first maternity clothes this week (ugh!) and I'm waiting on the UPS guy to deliver them to my door. (Online shopping with a coupon is SO much better than dragging a toddler through the mall...especially when you get $20 off!) But that doesn't mean I'm posting a picture of my belly (no matter how much you beg... thats just weird), or that I want anyone to touch it. (Trust me, its for your own good.) And yes, I think we have names picked out, although I'm still a little iffy on the boy name. And no, we are not telling the names. Until April. And yes, I still want to be surprised with the sex of the baby when it is born. And no, Darren hasn't yet convinced me to give in and find out at the next ultrasound. Not happening...live life on the edge, people! And yes, I'm a bit stressed that the due date is now Easter. I mean, what kind of Easter dress do you buy for that?! A regular one? A maternity one? Just stay home either way and don't wear an Easter dress? Yes, I'm sure Katie will make fun of me for that being my main concern right now. Yes, we have told Savannah she is going to be a big sister. No, she doesn't understand what that means. Yes, she tells me that my belly is getting bigger because there is NOT a baby in there, there is food in there. She is so good for my self-esteem.
I'm so glad to feel more like myself. Actually, ironically, what hurts the worst now is my arm. You know, the thing that wasn't injured before I went to the hospital. It turns a new color every day. People think I'm being abused when I go out in public.


And my dear brother... the almost cop... his opinion? "Its a good thing you don't do heroin!" Uh yeah. Thats what I was thinking. Or something.

4 comments:

Naff News said...

You know me so well. :)

Meg said...

Glad to see you blogging again! Love the apron on S and so glad she understands to wear it OVER her clothes :) So glad you got some medicine that helps you feel better! And I absolutely LOVE the fact that you're thinking about the Easter dress :) And that you aren't finding out the sex of the baby! We are going to live on the edge next time, too :) Hope your arm feels better soon!

Unknown said...

I love the pictures of Savannah... too cute! And thanks for updating on all the baby beckner stuff! :) I know you guys are so excited to meet him/her and excited to see Miss Savannah in her new role as Big Sister! :)

Anonymous said...

It runs in the family! Every time I get blood drawn etc my arms look like that. I loved the update and enjoyed talking to you the other day. I think I'm coming up there sometime Thanksgiving evening so we can do shopping that Friday! :) I love you and miss you all so much!