Sunday, September 13, 2009

All Kinds of Stuff.

Savannah got a sticker in ballet this week. She thought it would be better suited on her nose.



She also thought her friend Sydney would look better with a sticker on her nose.



Thanks for helping her out, kid.



Savannah also went for her two-year-old check-up and weight check on Friday. She was 37 inches and 30 pounds. She's gained a good bit of weight and is now 98% for her height and 75% for her weight. Her doctor is very pleased with her progress since they resolved her allergy issues. She was supposed to get her MMR shot, but we (her doctor and I) actually decided to postpone that one a little longer and go ahead and give her the thimerosal-free flu shot. I have a policy that she doesn't get more than one shot at once, and her doctor is fine with that, so I'll take her back in four weeks for her MMR shot, and four weeks after that for the Hepatitis-A booster. If they release the H1N1 vaccine, she'll get that as well, and we'll work that into her delayed schedule.
After the flu shot, she was kind of grouchy, and when she went to bed that night, her daddy tucked her in. This is about how the conversation went:
Darren: Goodnight, Savannah. I love you.
Savannah: I love you more!
Darren: No, I love you more. Night!
Savannah: (wailing) Ohhh daddy! Come here a minute.
Darren: Do you need something?
Savannah: Daddy. Lay down a minute. Please please please.
Darren: Okay just a minute.
Savannah: Love you daddy. You sleep right here. Muah!
And he says he isn't wrapped around her finger.
I also had a check-up on Friday, and in a surprising turn of events, I got to take another peek at baby Beckner. :) When I got to the doctor's office, my blood pressure was low, I was slightly dehydrated, I lost 8 pounds, and my protein level was elevated. I don't know what all of that means, but they weren't thrilled, and so they did a short ultrasound where I got to see the adorable new baby. He/she was kicking and waving and had a steady heartbeat, and looked to be growing right on schedule. They called me in a prescription to help keep me from throwing up, and told me to rest a lot and come back in two weeks for another sonogram. :) So far, the medicine seems to work, but it makes me kind of like a zombie. :) If I don't make sense, you'll know why! My sweet husband has been so nice about helping me, and I even got hot pink roses out of the deal! :)
So last night I dreamed about steak and mashed potatoes in the middle of the night. I woke up at 3:07am starving. That's the weirdest thing thats happened yet. I wonder if its the medicine or the baby. Hmm.
Okay, thats all of the rambling you get for today! I'll work on taking some more pictures of Savannah this week, since we all know thats what you're here for! ;)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

ZOFRAN!!!!! Had to get a prescription this time too :o( I think the other option was finigrin (sp?) but I heard it makes you really really sleepy..no time for that with a 2 yr old :o) I was on zofran for about 2 wks at half a dose and it made me able to get out of bed. What a blessing!!! Keep feeling better! And enjoy those sonograms!!!

Team B.

the mcquiddys said...

I hope you are feeling better beans! I was very happy to see that you dreamed about mashed potatos. My soul food! That reminds me, it is lunchtime. :)