Saturday, September 26, 2009

Bad Friday

So. Yesterday was a bad Friday.

I went to the doctor for my followup appointment yesterday after throwing up waaaay too many times. They sent me over to the hospital, where I then spent the entire day. Awesome. :)

I knew things weren't going to go well when I went to check in and they had no record of me existing. And then the rude lady at the front desk told me that since I was throwing up, I had to sit in the room with the flu patients. I tried to tell her that I was pregnant, and thats why I was throwing up, but she said if you are throwing up, you are sick. My mom got a little fiesty with her then and informed her that I was NOT sitting in the sick area. :) I love my mom. Especially when she gets fiesty.

Even better, once they figured out who I was and what they should be doing, I had to have an IV. And the first one they put in blew. And I passed out. I didn't even know you could blow out an IV in someone's arm. Right after it happened, the nurse informed me that it was her first day of orientation. That might explain it. Fabulous. Although, I know a lot of nurses and I'm pretty sure they wouldn't have done that on their first day.

This is what my arm looks like today. And this isn't even the one that finally got the IV for keeps. I'm thinking that nurse needs to practice a little more. Like maybe on not real people.



Then, they lost my blood work. So I got blood drawn a second time. And some IV meds. Then I threw up quite a few more times. Then they decided to break out the big guns and give me high powered drugs. That sounded very appealing until they told me that the medicine would burn when they put it in my IV, like fire in your veins. Just what you want to hear when you already feel like maybe you got hit by a truck. Like I said, yesterday was NOT a good Friday. But, 11 hours and three doses of drugs later, I got to go home and eat soup. So far, so good.

The good news is that the baby is growing fast and they've now moved the due date up a little bit. Less time spent pregnant is always a good thing in my book! ;) We're now expecting an arrival on Easter Sunday. Whoo!



This little one coped just fine without me yesterday. Her grandad and Aunt Becca took her to ballet class and to get a haircut. She was very concerned and kept asking if the doctor gave Momma a "boo-boo," but I'd say she definitely had a good day.
I definitely hope your Friday was better than mine! But here's to hoping we ALL have a good Saturday. And that Boston beats New York tonight. Because THAT would make for a nice evening. :)

3 comments:

Meg said...

Wow, yeah, what a unbelievable visit to the doctor. I don't even know what to say except that I hope you don't ever have another one like it! But YAY for an earlier due date!

Unknown said...

Bless your heart. :( But, glad you're home and hope you're recovering well and resting up! But glad to hear baby beckner is doing so well!!!!

JenHeath said...

Oh Lauren--I'm so sorry to hear that. Sorry about the nurse too; wonder how she did in her clinical classes? :) Feel better ASAP. Take care.