Monday, March 9, 2009

18 months + 80 degrees

Was my last post, less than one week ago, really about snow?! Is my baby really 18 months old now?! Both scenarios are hard for me to believe.

Here is my big girl playing outside yesterday - in our 82 degree weather. :)













I can't believe how grown up she looks in these pictures - she is transforming from baby to kid by the minute it seems. At 18 months, she is a very busy little girl!
She loves: Her dog, playing outside, her daddy, being independent, Elmo, going to see her grandparents, waving at strangers, singing, cookies, nail polish, purses, gummy bears, shoes, and talking 24/7.
She hates: Diaper rash, sitting on the potty, getting her hair washed in the tub, having to hold mommy's hand or ride in the stroller, getting dressed, long car rides, vegetables, naptime, mommy leaving her anywhere, boo-boos, and sticky hands.
She talks constantly now! We have to really watch what we say - because she will try to repeat anything! I can't even write out a list of what she says now. Our typical conversation will go like this:
Darren: "Have you seen Sasha?"
Savannah: "Sasha! Dog."
Lauren: "I think she is outside."
Savannah: "Outside."
She literally repeats at least one word out of every sentence we say - like a background conversation to our own conversations. :) Its quite humerous at times. :)
She also loves to sing. She knows "Itsy Bitsy Spider", "Deep and Wide", and "No More Monkeys Jumping on the Bed." And of course, she knows the Elmo song. :)
She is also very affectionate. She loves to give kisses and hugs. She is quite the little mommy - the nursery workers told me yesterday that Savannah wanted to feed the other kids, and tried to pick them up if they cried. She also was quick to tell them no-no if they were up to no good. Ha!
She sure is a lot of fun! But I've been a bit sentimental lately about her growth because she just looks so big - and not at all like a little baby anymore!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I had to laugh about the holding hands and not wanting to be in the stroller. if i put kaelynn in the stroller the ENTIRE time she is screaming I CAN WALK!! I CAN WALK!! and if i try to hold her hand i am definitely that mom carrying a screaming, totally limp child across the parking lot. lol