Sunday, February 22, 2009

Our Queen Gets a New Bed

This weekend, our girl competed in the Tiny Miss America pageant. She did a great job! She placed fourth runner up. We thought that was wonderful for her to make the top five in a national pageant! I have more pictures, but here are two to tide you over until I load the others. :)





When we returned home from the pageant, I decided it was just too much to take the pack-n-play with us every time we traveled, so it was time to switch to a toddler bed. I was also thinking this summer when we go to the beach it would make it a lot easier if she could just sleep in a bed there! One less thing to cram into the car. :)

Luckily, our crib is one of those that converts to a toddler daybed and then to a twin bed later. So, Darren got out the pieces and set it up as a toddler daybed. Savannah loves it! She was so excited and if you ask her, she will tell you that she is "big" and has a "bed." She will also call herself "good girl" for sleeping in it. Haha. She is very proud of it.

As soon as Darren set it up, she climbed right in it, stood up, fell down, and bonked her head on the floor. It was awful that it happened the minute we set it up, but it was also a good thing, because now she is super careful getting in and out of it. She will tell you that she has to "coot" (scoot), not stand up.

This thing sure is hard to climb into!



Night, night!


Cheese!


I can get out myself!


And she's off!


So far, she slept through the night in her bed, and also took a nap in her bed. However, I will tell you that at 6:45 this morning, she was banging on her door yelling "Dada! Momma! Sasha, dog!" Haha. Luckily, she gave up quickly and got back in her bed. :) So far, so good!

1 comment:

Naomi said...

Wow! I can't believe she has a big girl bed. Now, I think we should have gotten a convertable crib. It is probably a much easier transition since it still mostly looks like her crib. Madeline's hair is still just as easy to pull up. They didn't cut her bangs (except to trim them up). So, I can still pull it back in a little ponytail like I normally do. I am pretty sure that I can't do pigtails though. Maybe some higher ones. A little sad, but I know it will grow again. That's what hair does :)