Thursday, February 19, 2009

No-No and Dressing Herself

Well, we had a funny experience when we ventured out to the mall the other day. We don't do that very often because I find it both chaotic and exhausting to take a toddler to the mall. But, we were dying of cabin fever with the yucky weather and thus decided to take a trip out. While we were there, we were waiting in line to return something at a department store. There was a mother in front of us with two preschool aged children who were not behaving, to put it mildly. When one of the girls started to climb on a display rack of towels, Savannah patiently looked at the mother, waiting on her to scold the child. When the mother simply did nothing, Savannah took two steps in her direction, pointed at the child, put her hands on her hips, and said in a very stern voice, "NO-NO." Shocked, I said, "Shhh. Savannah its okay." She simply shook her head again and said quietly, "no. no-no."

Half of me wanted to disappear... my child just scolded another child...a stranger! Who does she think she is?! The other part of me thought it was hilarious because the child NEEDED to be called out, and Savannah had the guts to do it. And might I point out that she is only 17 months old... correcting a 4 or 5 year old? Haha.

She is also little miss independent these days. Case and point? Her outfit, that she picked out HERSELF. Do you like the hat, sweatsuit, sequined shoes, and purse?! :) Oh and she has to hold her arm like that to keep the purse on her shoulder. I told her she could carry it in her hand but no, it HAS to be on her shoulder like mine.






I tried to dress her in tennis shoes, and she said "no-no." And then she pointed in her closet to the pink ones. "These." I figured it wouldn't hurt, so I put the pink shoes on. Then I started to fix her hair. "No-no. Hat." Haha. Well then! What does she even need a Momma for anyway?!

1 comment:

Meg said...

Hilarious! I love both the story and her outfit! Toddlers are the most fun ever!