Thursday, January 8, 2009

Busy Little Bee!

I've recently decided that couples without a toddler or small child must have TONS of free time. Savannah is really busy nowadays, and she keeps me really busy as well. She is a great kid, and behaves well for the most part, but she never stops moving as long as she is awake!

She got this little kitchen from Mimi and Grandad for Christmas, and it does a great job of keeping her occupied for a good part of the day. I'd highly recommend it!

This is her newest trick... she puts her hands on her "hips" and says "cheese!" I was working with her a little bit on posing since she will be competing in Tiny Miss America next month, but I'm not sure this facial expression is going to be all that impressive. However, I find it quite charming!



But its not to be confused with this facial expression, which is entirely different. You see, when she points to her belly, wrinkles up her nose, and says "shhhew", it means she is telling you she has a dirty diaper. She is very good about letting us know when she has used the potty. I thought she might be ready to potty train early, so we bought her a potty, and brought it in the house, and I sat her on it (sans the diaper) and she screamed bloody murder. Thinking something was hurting, I quickly jerked her off and checked to make sure everything was ok. It seemed fine, so I sat her back on the potty, at which time she screamed and cried again. It took me a few tries to figure it out, but she's pretty much terrified of the potty. So we decided just to keep the potty nearby and look at it every once in a while, at least for the next few months.



Feel free to stop by and let her cook you up something!



One of Savannah's favorite things in the world is not actually a toy... its our dog, Sasha. She LOVES to play with her "doe-g" (long o, not short). As soon as I get her up in the morning, she greets me, and then looks right to the floor and yells "Sasha! Dog!" Haha. She also has a new habit of going to the dog food bowl, getting a piece of dog food out, and following Sasha throughout the whole house saying "bite, ahhh! bite, dog!!!" until Sasha finally eats it, and then she makes her way back to the dog bowl to repeat the process. My poor sweet dog participates in this each day until I save her by setting the dog food bowl on the counter. But yesterday topped it all. Yesterday, I gave Savannah a couple Vanilla Wafers to eat. She took one, put it in her mouth, and then started to laugh, at which time the cookie got ejected into the floor. Sasha, being a dog, ate it. Savannah thought it was absolutely hilarious, so she proceeded to put the next cookie into her mouth, bend over and spit it on the floor, and then laugh hysterically when Sasha gobbled it up. Gross, I know. But it was pretty funny. If only you had heard the giggles of delight, you would have let it slide too.

Do you see Sasha in this picture? She must not mind Savannah too much. :)



Another facinating toy are these stackable boxes (thanks, Aunt Kathy!!!). She spends quite some time each day trying to figure out how to take them all apart, and then put them all back together.






She is so busy, but such a delight. I wouldn't have it any other way!

2 comments:

Meg said...

I love her expressions! And we had about the same experience with the potty as well...don't know why its so terrifying, but we decided it wasn't worth the trouble yet :) At least she gives the dog the dog food instead of eating it herself... Karis definitely ate cat chow the other day and then told me what she had done by saying "yum, yum" with a humongous grin and pointing to the cat bowl :) Oh, toddlers are just so hilarious!

Naff News said...

I love these pictures- and I love that you are working on "posing" with your 1-yr-old...that is SO Lauren...:)

And if you want to buy Audrey pink sweats- we'll wear those too...but we're not giving up the blue...because that is SO Katie.. :)