Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Blessed


Well, the Christmas decorations have finally been packed away again, and I was a bit sad to take down one of my favorites, the Christmas Card Tree. If you know me well, you know I love to get the mail. I don't really know why, but I love it when the mail comes and I get to see what has arrived. Maybe its from shopping too much on ebay, or because we get movies from Netflix, or because I think old fashioned cards are way better than e-cards, I don't know. But I especially love to check the mail in December. We get tons of Christmas cards and I get so excited to see new pictures and read letters from our friends, both near and far away. This year, we got more Christmas cards than we ever have before, mostly because all of our friends are starting families now. I thoroughly enjoyed checking the mail and then posting new cards on the Christmas Card Tree. When I took it down this year to pack it away, I was struck by how blessed we are... we have so many special people in our lives... we hardly had any room on our tree left!!! (This picture was taken the week before Christmas... we got even more than the ones shown!) And I sure like it that way. :)

1 comment:

Meg said...

I love the Christmas card tree idea! We just put ours on the fridge and it gets way too full to hold all of them!