Thursday, July 31, 2008

11 Months Old!

I can hardly believe that my sweet baby is 11 months old today. This time last year, I was big as a house and so ready for her to join us. Now she is crawling, pulling up, talking, and into everything. The time just flies by!

Savannah is on the move. She doesn't want to be held when she could be crawling, pulling up, pulling things out of baskets or boxes, finding things to eat on the floor, or anything. :) She is a busy bee!

The biggest development we have seen this month is in communication. She has taken a sudden interest in saying actual words, which is pretty cool. New words this week were "juice", "sasha", "no-no", "please", "baby", and she attempted "thank you" but it wasn't very clear so I don't think it counts yet. She also motions for you to come here, which I find amusing. Ever since she started crawling, when she gets too far away, I say, "hey, come here" and motion for her to come back toward me. She usually comes, but this week she has developed a new habit of stopping, sitting up, and motioning for me to come to her. Haha. What a kid!

She is very affectionate and loves to bestow kisses and hugs on just about anyone. Every morning when I get her out of bed, she sticks those chubby hands up in the air and when I pick her up, she pats me on the back and gives me a kiss. :) I love being her momma! :)

Things we are going to work on this month are developing more real words and transitioning to a sippy cup for milk. Savannah has been drinking juice out of a sippy cup for quite some time now, but will not take milk out of it for anything! We will make her formula, and put it in the sippy cup, and she will take a big drink, realize its milk, spit it out, and glare at us. Then, if we pour the same formula in a bottle, she will drink the whole thing! Someone suggested that we try giving her real milk to see if she liked that in a cup, and no way jose. Someone also suggested that we put a little bit of chocolate syrup in it to see if she would drink it then, and she wanted no part of it in the cup, only in the bottle. I really don't understand it, but we're working on that this month. Feel free to offer suggestions! :)

Well, on that note, I better sign off here and get that munchkin out of bed... we have a busy day today! :) But I did try very hard to get a good 11 month picture to share with you, and well, like I said, she is a busy bee and it was rather difficult. Enjoy!





No comments: