Monday, October 29, 2012

Ridiculously Rad Runners

 As my sweet Southern friend Jessica would say, 
"I had a wild hair."
I've read before about the Color Me Rad 5K and I've always wanted to run it.
And then it came to a nearby town.
And somehow I was lucky enough to have two of my best buddies agree to do it with me.
And so was born the dream team... the Ridiculously Rad Runners.







And let me just tell you... 
It was the most fun 5K ever.
And if it comes to your town, you should run it.
And did I mention the profit went to the Special Olympics?!

 


 The race is 3.2 miles, and along the way you get color bombed.  
Colored liquid is sprayed on you and then you are coated in colored powder.
You start out in a white t-shirt, and finish looking like Crayola exploded on you.
And its pretty awesome.
 

This is what you run through...
 
 


 And this is what you look like when its over.
Ridiculously Rad.



 
I look crazy in this picture.
Because I found out it was my best time ever.
And because I was a little high on fun.


This girl obviously didn't realize we were having our picture taken.
Which is sad because it might've been my favorite picture.
If it wasn't photobombed from the front.
 




I had a ridiculously rad time.
And to end with another quote from my friend Jessica,
"Now on to training for our next event: Black Friday!"

1 comment:

Mom said...

I'm all about training for Black Friday! :-)