Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Overheard at My House

"Mimi, I asked Jesus into my heart."
"You did? Were you with your mom?"
"No, I was supposed to be taking a nap."
"What did you say?"
"I said hello, God. I have been very bad. I need you to come into my heart and wash it clean. And then he said yes ma'am. And I said thank you. And God said you are so very welcome."
Hmm.

"Dad, I don't want you to come to my preschool program."
"Why not?"
"Because you are on crutches and when my friends see you, they will all point and laugh."

"Mom, that girl eats a lot. And if she keeps eatin' like that, her gonna get a big ol' belly when she grows up!"

"I don't want to take a bath because I don't want to wash off my tan!"
"Your tan won't wash off."
"Oh good. I love it. On my legs, I'm black. But my bottom is just like a little white girl!"

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I absolutely love when you share "overheard at my house". Your little one is very funny.

James and Aisling Solarek said...

she is hilarious!!!!

JenHeath said...

Savannah needs her own television show.

Mimi said...

I love my babycakes, she cracks me up and helps me cope with every day life.

Valerie said...

My kids are WAY too serious. They never say anything funny, and if they do I forget in two seconds. :) I hope you all are doing well. Miss ya,
Valerie