Saturday, June 11, 2011

Operation Swingset

My husband is awesome.
He is amazingly talented.

When all of you voted for Savannah to win the Halloween costume contest a year and a half ago, she was awarded $400 in visa giftcards. We used the money to buy supplies for this "swingset".
It started out as a swingset anyway. Then it kind of morphed into a fortress of sorts. I guess thats what happens when you turn the carpenter loose with visa gift cards and graph paper.
My kids are so lucky to have such a good daddy that was willing to spend many hours in 90-degree weather building this for them.
And they are very happy with it. Me too. Even if I do think maybe we should've gotten a building permit.

What can I say? My husband has skills. Great job, honey, and thank you!!!

2 comments:

Drew & Kari said...

that is ridiculously awesome! Good job Darren! I want to come play on that. ;)

Emily said...

Looks great!! And I'm totally with you on the permit thing. I tell Jon it's called a "building" permit for a reason! =)