Thursday, February 11, 2010

Brooklyn Update

Yesterday, I went for my 32 week checkup. Brooklyn looked great! My blood pressure was low, my sugar levels have been good, and her heart rate was a steady 153. More good news is that she has now flipped to the head-down position. Not too much longer until she makes an appearance!

The only bad news (if you can call it bad) was that I haven't gained any weight, but I blame that on the low-carb diet for diabetes. Take away a girl's cake, cookies, pasta, bread, etc... and its no wonder! Also, I evidently pulled a muscle around my ribs, which is why they always hurt on one side. That explains that one.

Because gestational diabetes babies often arrive early, my doctor has told me to be ready for her to arrive as early as 36 weeks, which is March 7th. I can't believe we are almost to that point! I will admit that I would love to not be pregnant anymore... my ribs and feet are killing me... I don't sleep well... and I'm exhausted all of the time! I can't wait for that to be over. But... on the other hand, I can't believe its already time for me to have TWO little girls in my house. Whew. And I still have a lot to do to get ready.

Savannah is very ready to be a big sister. She asks quite often when Brooklyn is going to arrive and we have had a few interesting conversations about this. Last weekend, she asked me if Brooklyn was going to come out on an airplane. I explained that the doctor was going to help get Brooklyn out of my tummy... and now every time I have a check up, she wants to know if the doctor is going to take Brooklyn out today. Yesterday, she went with me to my appointment and was quite curious about the doctor checking everything, and very concerned about her Momma. She asked a lot of questions and was facinated with the baby's heartbeat. And then she asked for a sucker (she WAS at the doctor, after all!). I also heard her singing in Brooklyn's room the other day and found her rocking her baby doll and singing Jesus Loves Me. I think she will make a fabulous sister soon!

We can't wait for Brooklyn to arrive!

3 comments:

Naff News said...

Aww so sweet. Can't wait to meet little Brooklyn. :)

Naomi said...

Madeline always asked for a sucker too :) I remember feeling so tired at the end of my pregnancy and thinking I would not do well with two kids. But, as soon as I wasn't pregnant anymore, I had so much more energy, even though I was still waking up in the middle of the night. It is just so much easier to carry them on the outside of your belly :)

jen said...

That's so exciting Lauren! I seriously can't wait to get there! Savannah sounds like she can't wait either! Wish I would stop gaining weight! How much did you gain with Savannah? I have gained too much already and its really got me down.