Sunday, December 7, 2008

Lamaze Class Reunion

I'll be the first to admit, when I first heard of Lamaze class, I wanted to run the other direction. The idea of learning more about the pain and blood involved in childbirth was not something that was on the top of my list of things to do. However, on my doctor's recommendation, I signed us up. But when the first day of class rolled around, I seriously thought about skipping out altogether. But, Darren convinced me to go when he claimed that he'd only seen a cow born before and he at least wanted to know what was going to happen. Haha. Well, it ended up being one of the best decisions ever made! Not only did it prepare me for labor and give me some coping techniques, but it gave us a wonderful set of friends!!!

Our class was unique in that it was a small class of four couples, who were all Christians, and we all had baby girls! We've stayed in touch since the birth of our little ones, and yesterday we all got together for dinner. It was a lot of fun, and I think we'll be doing it again in the future!

Here are the mommies and babies: Lauren and Anna, Lauren and Savannah, Heidi and Jordyn, and Sharon and Addison.



Jordyn - 13 months, Anna - 14 months, Savannah - 15 months, and Addison - 14 months



We had their attention for a minute, but then we started to lose it...


And then we completely lost control...


Savannah and Anna didn't see what the problem was - they thought the couch was comfy!



Oh look, we all fit on one couch! That wouldn't have happened back in Lamaze class! :)


We tried to get a picture of the Daddies and babies... and this was as good as it got. A reflection on their babysitting skills maybe?! :)



After dinner, Anna was ready for her close up.


And Savannah wanted to kiss the other babies. Haha.



Jordyn had some love for Addison too!

And then she found this tiara, put it on her head, and started to wave. Haha. :)


We had a blast and are very thankful for our friends from the pregnant days! :)

No comments: