Monday, November 17, 2008

Sick Little Girl

Well, after a week of a bad ear infection in both ears, and then an upper respiratory infection, Savannah had to be admitted to the hospital. Her fever was 105.7 so we headed to the ER on Saturday night, and they admitted her and put an IV in. We're still in the hospital because little miss priss lost a good bit of the weight she had on her, so we're waiting on her to eat and quit losing weight. She is down to 19 pounds now, so we need her to beef up a little bit... she lost 17% of her body weight in the past three days! Her ears are slowly clearing up and while her chest is still congested, it is better than it was. We will be glad when we can go home! Here are a few shots of our hospital adventure.

Here we are in the ER. She was so hot that they has us strip her down.



She got a popsicle for surviving an IV, catheter, and having blood drawn.


It was not a fun experience!




But once we got on the pediatric floor, there was a lot of fun to be had! They had a little pink car that Savannah could drive while her IV followed behind.



They also brought lots of toys to her room. And a new Elmo video. The nurses have been so good to Savannah!



They even made her a ghetto bathtub when her bottom got blistered from all of the diarrhea!



We've had very little sleep, and can't wait to go home so we can really rest.







Did I mention we are supposed to be moving on Friday?! :)

5 comments:

Beth Simmons said...

I'm so sorry Savanah's so sick. She is still so cute, even when sick. I pray she will be well soon.

Meg said...

Oh my goodness, poor little thing. I can't imagine having to take Karis to the hospital. But she looked like such a trooper! Hope she continues to get better and gain weight. We will be praying for you guys! Hope your move is able to still happen.
Love,
Meagan

Anonymous said...

These pictures break my heart! I want her home....NOW! We love you Savannah and we are praying for you and your Mommy and Daddy. I know you guys have got to be exhausted. Please let us know if any of those dates I texted will be helpful for the move. We love you guys!

Team B.

the mcquiddys said...

Get well soon Savannah! Bless her little heart. I will be praying for you guys. I'm glad all the peds nurses are taking such good care of you guys. :) I wish I was in Roanoke so I could help. I'll be helping in "spirit" I guess. Love you guys!

Anonymous said...

Miss Savannah... We are praying for you to get better FAST!!! Please keep us updated. You will be in our thoughts & prayers! Can't wait to see you again!
Love, Sadie L. *WEE BABY MISS AMERICA* & Family :)