Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Teeth Make for Good Eatin'



Yum yum! Excuse the funny face, just check out those pearly whites! :)

So now that Savannah has two little teeth, we have gotten more interesting with our food choices. Yesterday Gram-B made chocolate covered strawberries and Savannah was really eyeing them. Gram-B suggested that I peel the chocolate off of one and put it in the mesh feeder and I said hmm what kind of good person would remove the chocolate?! So I gave it to her chocolate and all. Would you want someone peeling the chocolate off of your strawberries?!








And, we also tried Gerber Graduates cereal. It is a lot like cheerios, but softer (and tastes like sweet potatoes!) The cereal pieces dissolve about 90% in the mouth so they really don't have to chew them. I got Darren to try them first and he just bit right into them and I said "Hey! You're supposed to pretend like you have no teeth! I want to see if they dissolve!" haha. So he tried again and sure enough, they dissolved in about 30 seconds, so I deemed them safe for Savannah.

She is hilarious eating them! I think she thinks she has to really chomp them good. She is still working on the hand-eye coordination necessary to get them into her mouth (plus they get sticky when they start to dissolve) but she is slowly getting the hang of it. She loves these things, and they are definitely good entertainment for her at mealtimes when Momma and Daddy are trying to eat. :) Enjoy this video of her eating them. :) It just cracks me up!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Oh my goodness that video is too funny. :) It's so hard to believe she's eating gerber graduates!? It seems like she was just born! Ahhh! :)