Saturday, June 29, 2013

Here Comes Harper!

 "I am a bit of a ceremonialist, and the importance of these events is, in no way, made more or less by the presence of lack of attentive detail.  But there's beige, and then there's color.  There's one life, or one wild and precious life.  We take efforts to make moments like exchanging vows memorable and worthy of praise, and yet how many more events in our lives are laudable occasions?  I wanted to feel deeply the significance of these moments played in my life story, and I was determined to celebrate them deservedly.  Because once, a long time ago, I had a white picket fence, but it fell down.  And while I didn't choose the crazy-colored one that was erected in its place, I had grown to love it.  I wouldn't change it for anything in the world, and if there is one thing I've learned, its that you can never ever go wrong with vibrant color."
-Bloom, Finding Beauty in the Unexpected

I was fortunate enough to spend my morning celebrating new life, God's grace, and fresh starts with some dear friends and family.  And was I ever so blessed!  I can't think of a better way to spend a hot June morning than over brunch with friends as fellowship and laughter echoes in the halls.  I am ever so thankful for those who gave of their time and finances to make it a perfect celebration.

We can't wait to meet you, Harper Mackenzie Beckner!

 























No comments: