Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Hold On To Your Hats

Oh my, what a busy few weeks we've had! I thought about doing separate posts for everything, but I'm in summer school now and its intense, so I've lost a bit of my free time to ramble on here. You're welcome.

Savannah celebrated her summer birthday at school last week. Now, let me just tell you that its a bit confusing for a preschooler to celebrate turning 4 approximately three months in advance. But nevertheless, I told her that the school was celebrating her birthday, and that I would make her anything she wanted to take as a treat for her classmates. She wanted to go to Kroger and buy storebought sugar cookies. That's just wrong.


There have been other random happenings in our house. Like this huge turtle that showed up on Sunday morning in the backyard. Darren was going to take Savannah down to see it, and I warned him not to let her get close in case it bites. He came back with the following picture. Pretty sure he failed at following directions, but it is a cool photo. Now, if only I could teach that kid to be more ladylike...



We've also been spending some time at the pool. And I swear that Brooklyn has been around for all of these activities, even if she isn't as camera-ready as her sister. Savannah is a brown little indian child already. I wish I had her skin! And can I just add that swimmies today are way better than they used to be? Pink and ruffled? Yes, please!



We are never short on silly moments around our house either.



Another thing we don't run out of is hospital bills. Darren broke his ankle and has been laid up on the couch all week. Its been a trial for our marriage, ahem. Its very difficult to have two small children and a large husband who can't walk! Nevertheless, we will survive. And he will heal soon. I hope.



Savannah graduated from 3-year-old preschool yesterday. I can't believe that day has already come. Didn't I just drop her off? I wonder if I will feel the time has gone just that fast when she graduates high school?



There was some happy singing...




And then there was some boredom. What can you do? At any rate, we are proud of her. Even if she did pick her nose during the program.



And oh, have I mentioned lately how much I love to use coupons? Yesterday, I went to CVS and saved almost $23 using coupons + sales. I paid $7-something for all of the following things, whoohoo!



Sigh. Now I know why I'm so tired lately. I've done all of those things within the past week. Oh well, it is a short season of life... to be enjoyed with many cups of coffee. And now I'm off to finish studying before going to the gym, taking Savannah to her last swim lesson, and then taking pictures as my kiddo crosses the stage at the Cubbies award ceremony tonight. Aaaand we're off!

No comments: