Saturday, May 7, 2011

Best Mom Ever

I never knew the joys and mysteries of motherhood until I was blessed with my own two sweet girls, so I never fully realized that I had the best mom in the world.



Always there with advice (wanted or unwanted), hugs, a positive attitude, time, or a listening ear, God knew she is exactly what I need. Darren still teases me to this day... "How many times did you talk to your mom today? Only five?"



My favorite memories of my mom are the mornings I spent getting ready for school growing up. We had two bathrooms in my childhood home, and the girls got ready in the upstairs bathroom. Sharing makeup, hearts, and laughter, those were some of my favorite times. To this day, I still either call her or text her while I'm putting on my makeup most mornings because my bathroom feels too lonely without shuffling around each other and fighting over the curling iron.




Always sacrificing, she has never missed a special occasion or memory. She taught me that motherhood is never selfish and always strong and forever cherished.



Now that I have two girls of my own, I've enjoyed watching my mom grow into the new role of "Mimi" to Savannah and Brooklyn. Forever spoiling, babysitting, giggling, and scheming, I know my girls will have many cherished memories with her as well.



I hope I'm just like her when I "grow up." But in the meantime, I sure am lucky to call her "Mom."

1 comment:

JenHeath said...

Very sweet. Sounds like fun getting readying the morning. Happy Mothers' Day!